10 Hispanic Fast Facts You Should Know
When it comes to understanding the complex Hispanic segment in the United States, knowing where to start may seem like a challenge. These 10 facts are the must-read keys to getting to know Hispanic America and why it is the biggest game-changer since the baby boom and the growth engine many businesses may be missing. For category- or demographic-specific research and insights, contact us to find out how Univision can assist with custom solutions.
1. Hispanics are the Largest U.S. Minority Group
- 50.5 million Hispanics in the U.S.
- 16.3% of the total U.S. population
Source: U.S. Census Bureau 2010 Decennial Census.
2. Hispanics are the Fastest-Growing U.S. population
- 43% growth from 2000-2010 (vs. +10% for Total U.S. and +1.2% for non-Hispanic White)
Source: U.S. Census Bureau 2010 Census. Vs. 2000 Decennial Census
- From 2010 to 2020 the Hispanic population will grow by 16.6 million people to a total of 66.3 million
- Hispanics driving over half of total U.S. population growth (Hispanics will account for 53% of growth from 2010-2020)
Source: U.S. Census Bureau Projected Population by Single Year, Age, Sex, and Hispanic Origin Release August 14, 2008. Based on 2010 and 2020 projections
3. Hispanics are fueling population growth across the country
- Percent change in population by Region 2011-2016
- Northeast: Hispanic +10%/non-Hispanic 0%
- Midwest: Hispanic +14%/non-Hispanic 0%
- South: Hispanic +18%/non-Hispanic +3%
- West: Hispanic +14%/non-Hispanic +3%
Source: Nielsen PrimeLocation/Pop-Facts: 2011 Estimates, 2016 Projections
DOWNLOAD THE WHITEPAPER FOR SEVEN MORE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW